Where to eat in Varkala :
– breakfast at Coffee Temple. Generous portion of homemade granola, the dirty chai and cardamom coffee are worth a try and the team has a very positive energy.
– lunch at Darjeeling Café where you can enjoy delicious handmade momos (north indian steamed raviolis). If you’re lucky you might hear the waiter sing!
– dinner at the Juice Shake. The banana leaf fish is good and the naan pizza offers an interesting twist.
Where to sleep:
– Baby House is close to the restaurants and offers reasonnably priced rooms. The owner’s family is really nice and might offer you mango juice and fresh coconut from the garden.
What to do :
– chill out, enjoy a fresh fruit juice while reading a book
– watch the sunset from the beach
– explore the ayurvedic massages and treatments (we highly recommend the IHA ayurvedic clinic, a very authentic adress where the doctor’s family has been practicing ayurveda for over 700 years).